Small events and Overnight rooms

Book Now

Welcome to Anding House B&B

Travel Back to 1921

Be the picture of southern grace and etiquette when you relax on the porch of Anding House, where the nostalgia of yesteryear beckons anyone to sit a spell. Spend the perfect weekend surrounded by rustic charm and rich history. Reserve a room with us today!

Who We Are

The owners, Wesley and Lisa Anding, are  local of Malakoff, Texas.   They purchased the home in January 2019 as an extension of their wedding venue in the area. Lodging is limited in the area. Therefore, they added this convenience for out-of-town guests. 

A History of Anding House

Originally known as the Flagg family residence, the house was designed by H.L. Flagg in 1920 to be an easy-to-manage, comfortable abode for his six children. Mr. Flagg was the president of the First State Bank of Malakoff and the owner of Flagg Drug Store and Flagg Dry Goods and Groceries.


Metal, brick, and heavy hardwood were used to construct and ensure the longevity of the house. For more than 99 years, nothing has been added to its structure, and it remains the same as it was in the beginning. 

In 1921, lignite deposits in Henderson County attracted the attention of Texas Power & Light (now TXU Energy). The company then built a plant in Trinidad while lignite beds in Malakoff were secured. The first mining operation was conducted at a strip pit north of Malakoff. This pit was used to provide lignite until the mines were developed.


A railroad was built to connect the mining operations. The rails were connected to the Cotton Belt Rail, and trains operated on the main line between Malakoff and Trinidad. The train comprised two locomotives, a caboose, and around 100 steel coal cars. As the mines became operational, train loads of lignite travelled to Trinidad each working day.


The railroad later became a beloved part of the area as Malakoff grew to support various businesses.


There are stories of Mr. Flagg selling medication from a train car to save the town from a flu epidemic. Today, as Anding House is located across the railroad, many people acknowledge passing trains as part of what makes this home nostalgic.

Our Accommodations

The downstairs library has been converted into a bedroom for guests who cannot climb stairs comfortably. Upstairs, we have five rooms.   Four of these have queen beds with pillow top mattresses, high-quality bedding, and vintage bed spreads that make for a great night’s sleep.


The fifth room, also known as the sleeping porch, as an addition to the Flagg room as it is connected with a double door.  It has twin beds covered with beautiful patchwork and comfortable bedding.


All rooms have vanities and large closets that will serve you well as you prepare for the day ahead. The two hall bathrooms are nicely decorated and equipped with showers, lush towels, and robes. These are conveniently located close to the rooms. 

Stay a Night or Two!